Use of your Personal Information
1. When you register and use this site:
- You will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
- To register you with our website and to administer our website services;
- To give to companies and organisations whose products we provide to you, e.g. product, home and motor, financial and travel services.
- To fulfil our agreement with you and processing and obtaining payment.
- To analyse and profile shopping preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products and services which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may keep you informed of such products and services including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on by any of the following methods:
- SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging(e) To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
3. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
4. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
5. Calls will be recorded to verify content and may be used together with your customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Disclosure of Your Information
6. We may give information about you to companies and organisations whose products we provide to you, e.g. product, home and motor, financial and travel services as follows:
(a) To other companies and organisations to administer any prize draws or competitions.
(b) To our agents, staff and approved third parties to carry out services for us.
(c) To anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(d) If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
7. New technologies are emerging on the Internet that helps us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called “cookies” which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our website more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website.
If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to add items to your trolley, set up a new
account or access an existing account will not be available. Alternatively, you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or
to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses. See our Security page for more information on security.
8. Please remember cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third-party websites or external data suppliers.
9. Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
10. We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website, except where you save yo ur login name as referred to above.
11. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
12. For further information about the steps we take to protect your information and make online shopping as secure as possible, please see information on Payment.
13. You have the right to see personal data that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
14. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
How can I get my name removed from the La gourmet’s mailing list?
If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send a message via “contact us” with the word “remove” in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.
How do I change any details stored on lagourmet.com.my?
To change any of your registered details on lagourmet.com.my, click on ‘Sign in’ and enter your login name and password. Once logged in change any of the details shown and click “update my details”.
For further information about shopping on lagourmet.com.my, please read our Terms and conditions.