La gourmet Classic 20cm 18/10 Stainless Steel Double Boiler 20 x 12.8cm Casserole with Glass Lid (4L) , 20 x 9.5cm Steamer Insert (2.4L)
Height : 12.8 / 9.5cm
Length : 30.3 / 30.3cm
Width : 20.0 / 20.0cm
Weight : 1.8kg
Diameter: 20.0 / 20.0cm
Capacity : 4L / 2.4L
Induction Base Diameter: 16.7cm / N/A
Product Material : 18/10 stainless steel
Why choose 18/10 stainless steel?
- Because of its suitability for any kind of cooking method and any type of ingredient, stainless steel cookware is the most versatile all purpose cookware.
- Our stainless steel double boiler is made of 18/10 stainless steel with its higher nickel content is nonporous and nonreactive; that is, it doesn’t corrode when it comes into contact with acidic ingredients such as lemon juice, tomatoes or wine, vinegar nor does it gives an o -taste to foods.
- Stainless steel is durable, resists denting and scratching and holds its shine even after years of cleaning. However, stainless steel lacks good heat conducting qualities. To be e ective for cooking, stainless steel must be combined with more e cient heat transmitting metals such as aluminium or copper. La gourmet® double boiler with a 3-ply encapsulated bottom provides a cookware that has good versatility and hygienic
All 3-ply Encapsulated:
- Interior : 18/10 Stainless Steel
- 2nd layer : Pure Aluminium
- Bottom : 18/0 Stainless Steel
Why 3-ply Encapsulated Bottom?
In order to keep price low, some La gourmet® stainless steel double boiler, saucepans and casseroles are not fully 3-ply or 5-ply clad, except the bottom because the usage does not require them to be fully clad.
- 1st layer : 18/10 Stainless Steel
- 2nd layer : Pure Aluminium
- 3rd layer : 18/0 Stainless Steel
Use & Care
- Wash in warm soapy water before use.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Examine your cookware regularly including the knobs and handles to prevent them working loose.
- During Use Select heating ring to correspond with the size of the base. Adjust gas ames to suit the size of the base.
- Do not allow gas ames to extend up the sides of the pot. Do not use excessive heat which may cause food to stick and damage the handles.
- Excessive heat may cause tinting of the exterior surface. Always preheat the pot at a moderate heat, if higher setting is necessary. Always use wooden or nylon utensils.
- Stainless steel utensils can be used but it will cause surface scratches.
- Do not plunge hot pot into cold water, or cold pot into hot hob. Never add salt to the pot whilst the liquid is cold or baked salt in the pot as this may cause white marks or pitting Safety Instruction Never leave your pot unattended or on a hot burner as this will result in damage to the base.
- Do not place your pot in the oven, a microwave or under a grill. If the pot overheats, turn the heat o and allow to cool, before removing from the hob.
- Cleaning Soak the pot for a few minutes before washing. If burnt occurs, just turn on the heat, put in water and boil – the burns will loosen. Wash and dry.
- To keep your pot looking new, do not use scouring pads or other abrasive cleaners on the outside surface.
- Stubborn stains may be removed by soaking the pot overnight in a solution of biodegradable washing powder.
- Always wash thoroughly afterwards. “Bluish or rainbow” discolouration is common on stainless steel cookware and is caused by minerals or salts in food or water.
- This is easily removed by using a proprietary non-abrasive stainless steel cleaner which will help to retain the original brightness and assist with the removal of stubborn marks.
- Whilst hard water stains can be removed with a sponge dampened in vinegar or lemon.
- Dry thoroughly before storage
- This La Gourmet product is warranted against manufacturing defects and workmanship for a period of 10 years from the date of the registered purchase.
- Examples would be stainless steel covers, glass lid, knobs and handles not properly xed, out of shape, sandwich bottom drop o or rusty.
- This warranty does not cover damage due to accident mishandling, or negligence or if product is continuously subject to high heat (a slight rainbow colour will appear) or if the product is continuously baked in salt resulting in pitting.
- Stainless steel covers, glass lid, knobs and handles are spare parts that are subject to wear and tear and can be replaced at nominal cost. A white layer on cookware surface* dots on the cookware surface* the food sticks on the cookware and is easily burnt Side and surface of cookware turns yellow* Cookware surface contains tough stains after cooking appear on the sides of the cookware* Pitting on the cookware surface (tiny pin holes) Food stick on cookware: cookware continues to dry up the oil, fat and sauce from the food. By using salt directing onto cookware without pre mixing it. By baking with salt. La gourmet® guarantee. Do not bake salt in stainless steel cookware. Always put in salt during cooking and ensure it is dissolved into the food